4.30.2012

Summer is definitely more fun with NIVEA SUN! My top summer wonder is Masbate

It's been 10 years now and I miss my high school even grade school teachers saying.."In three paragraphs or more, write an essay entitled " How I spent my summer vacation"! 

I miss the idea of summing up my wonderful experiences contained in a two month break in three short and concise paragraphs. I miss the simple words and phrases that complete my itinerary of a summer well spent. It has been 10 years of no write-up after my summer vacation... this time, I can't believe I'm writing it  again...albeit a bit different this time...writing just how I want it to happen, just how I would want an ultimate escape from the monotony of my life in the metropolis will be, that ultimate hiatus is on a place yet to be explored, an island yet to make noise... a paradise yet to happen.. and this is  "How and Where I Want To Spend My Summer Vacation"


Last 2009, I have discovered a paradise 700+ kilometers away from Philippine Kilometer-Zero. It took me 12 straight hours via rugged land travel and 3 hours via smooth sailing RO-RO to arrive at its port. That was when I first set foot on the shoe-shaped island named Masbate. The 15 straight hours of travel has been worth the wait and anticipation, my eyes feasted over the beauty of an Island so close to paradise yet untouched and unexplored. It was the first time I fell in love with nature.. and the first time I want to keep coming back for another summer to remember.



The shores are peaceful and the waters are so blue. The rhythm of nature seems to whisper a very good tune upon the hush of the sea breeze. This time I got amnesiac. I forgot all the pressures of my tiring work week. I forgot the deadlines. I forgot the worries. I came for an ultimate hiatus, an escape, a getaway... and I found it in Masbate.

Summer is definitely as sweeter as these shades of green. - The fields are oh!so green! and the air is oh! so fresh. A walk by the greenness is like a walk by the aisle for a bride yet to unveil her wedding vows. The sun kissed sky that meets the tall coconut trees and the vanishing point that meets the farther greens is but a union of  natures beauty and mystery. The smell of the fresh air by the summer breeze was made mightier by this unraveled wonder that is of the green fields Masbate. Summers are shades of white, yellow, blue and green and that green is just of the right hue here in Cataingan Masbate. 




 Masbate is a summer wonder for its crystal clear waters. The indulgence of a dive in its fresh waters shy away all of the summer's scorching heat. It's a perfect remedy for the boiling blood pressure brought about by the smashing heat of the summer sun.

The two hour boat ride from the port was always worth the excitement. The smell of the salty seawater added the spice to the sweet summer swim. The nature-carved rocks are a perfect shade to a rather hot day. Summer isn't more lovely than a dose of dive and strokes of swim. I found one swimming paradise in Masbate and putting it on the list of seven summer wonders is always worth vouching.
The Masbate boat ride lets me teleport, transfer and transcend. - We don't ride boats everyday just as we don't have summer all-year round. A boat ride completes every summer getaway just as summer completes the checklist of a year well spent. A Masbate boat ride would seem to take me to a new dimension. Just as it's an island away from the big lump that is of Luzon, the feeling of seeing nothing but water in the horizon is surely a pretty mix of emotion. The surreal feeling of being lost and somehow awaiting of an adventure yet to unfold is just overwhelming. I love being transported from one marvel to another. I love the connection of the boat with the sea. I love the sail that seemingly transcends the law of the waters and directs me to a path yet unknown. I am in complete awe every time I see some shades and silhouettes of rocks from an island approaching. My boat ride to Masbate was my first and because of such, I have always awaited the next and the rest ever after.


I have climbed the Borobancaso rocks just as I have reached my life's greater summits and heights - The rocks are tall monuments of the cycle of life in the waters -carved by nature, beautified by the tides. Just as I have enjoyed the sail of the seas, I have also adored the climb of a colossus of their precious paleoseismology. The history of every deposition and erosion along with the history of their rich civilization has been carefully kept in these layers of rock. The Borobancaso Rocks in Masbate is a sure sight to see. It's worth the climb and the experience is all the more worth it. My every aim for a brand new step is a seemingly good analogy to my every hurdle overcame. When I reached a brand new step higher, I know the traverse to the peak is still far from over. The trek is a bit slippery and somehow, I may fall, but it's texture that was purposefully made rough ... that I may have a portion to hold on to, to grab as my safe refuge, to make me reach a level up and that of which is a step closer to the summit. I climbed the Borobancaso Rocks of Masbate the way I climbed my way on top. The rocks  are worth the climb just as Masbate is worth the notch on the seven summer wonders of nature

The Katandayagan Waterfalls is like an eternal fountain of youth. When I have wanted to reach the summit of the Borobancaso Rocks, I have also marveled gravity's wonder and the free fall of pearl-white waters from the Masbate Katandayagan Falls. It is nature's own strands of hair that seemingly brush by the thick vegetation that surrounds the rocks before it makes a land/water fall. The union of the free soul and the flowing water seemingly invites me to just stop by and witness nature's miracle. I may have seen so many of these in my grade-school post cards but surely the physical sight of it is all the more thrilling and more magnificent than all of those post cards could ever encapsulate. The earth's browns, the water's blues and the vegetation's greens are the best pieces of a natural painting that made me fall in love with our country even more. I love that I have witnessed this breathtaking sight and I love that I saw it in Masbate.


The sand bar is but budding rose among the thorns - The white-sands are not just in Bora but also in Masbate. Oh this is a sure paradise sandwiched by the blue waters and blue skies. It's of complete delight and awe that I have laid my eyes on the beauty that is of these Masbate sandbars.The peaceful nipa hut by the side of the cluster of these diamond-like shining sand is but a perfect rest and welcoming invite to any stranger. The island hosts are just as hospitable to their guests. They are the perfect recharge from the overwhelming day at the fairing heights of the summer sea. The sight of the corals on the side are just as enticing. The clear waters by the shore is almost impossible to the Island of Boracay, but this island sandbar just have to show it off. I am flabbergasted of such sight to see and a summer at Masbate is as sweet as this island escape from the budding blue sea.






 I came, I saw, I conquered... then I blogged for this summer wonder that is of Masbate.- Bringing my backpack along with the memories of this island yet unravelled before everybody's eyes is but a dream come true. I have packed along my fave travel buddy, the memories, the sights and the endless summer beauty  and stories that are of Masbate. The beauty that made me fall with nature and summer all at the same time. The grandiose that ought to be preserved and kept fresh for more summers to remember.

Wandering, Summer sauntering and Backpacking is definitely more fun here in Masbate.
 When I summer travel, I break the monotony and stereotypes and prefer to shy away from the bandwagons. Discovering a hidden gem no matter how deep or how far is always the essence of a summer to remember. Beauty unexplored is beauty unexploited, I love that I saw it just right where I know it will be found. For every summer sun, the concoction to perfect summer wonder is some taste of play, walk, rest, swim, sway, sleep, sing and smile and I simply just don't want to leave without a taste of it. True FUN IN THE SUN indeed! I found it all in Masbate and so for me, it really ought to have a trinket on the seven summer wonder in the Philippines.

Now this is "How and Where I Want To Spend My Summer Vacation and my own version of SUMMER FUN UNDER THE SUN" (^_^).


I chose Masbate, how about you?
 “Join the on-going Nivea Philippines 7 Summer Wonders contest on FB and get a chance to win NIVEA Sun gift packs, Charina Sarte swimwear, SONY products or a trip for 2 to the Ultimate Summer Wonder! 






Just click http://www.facebook.com/NIVEAPhilippines/app_180716052039522 to join and vote now!”
Best Blogger Tips
  • Stumble This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Share On Reddit
  • Fave On Technorati
  • Buzz This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Digg This Post
  • Share On Facebook
Blog Gadgets

20 comments:

  1. Nice photos! I've never been there and always wanted to! I miss my friend's carmelado pasalubong btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow! I have yet to try that carmelado sis :) Thanks for the visit.(^_^)

      Delete
  2. We a indeed blessed with a lot of great beaches and places to visit. This place looks great, will add this to my lists on places to visit this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you ought to really pay this place a visit. this is a treasure to be unearthed and yet preserved for it's beauty and very rich resources.

      Delete
  3. Truly it is more fun in the Philippines! Lucky you, I've never been to a lot of places in the Philippines pa!!!

    Ang ganda pala ng Masbate?! love how you spend your summer- love your adventures!!!

    P.S. can't seem to find the right link - thanks for visiting my post - blocked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly sis gemma, that "ang ganda pala ng masbate" is the same phrase that I have uttered while being marveled by the sights on the island :)

      Delete
  4. definitely we need to put on a protection under the sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and we just ought to choose the right brand for summer sun protection(^_~). Nivea is a classic and trusted brand.:)

      Delete
  5. Haven't been to Masbate but it sure looks great! The rock climbing pic is astig :D Good luck on the contest btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) That borobancaso rock climb is sure epic. I enjoyed every hurdle really :)

      Delete
  6. Of course --- it is still more fun in the Philippines despite and inspire of the many ifs and buts...still...fun...

    love your photos...they show you had fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. super really had fun, that's why I would vouch for this Masbate Island to be part of the seven summer wonders "to discover" in the philippines :)

      Delete
  7. Masbate is really a nice place for summer vacation. I wonder when can I visit this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope soon Shirgie, and don't forget to blog about your experiences in the Island so others may know the hidden wonders that is of Masbate :)

      Delete
  8. Wow! The 15 hour trip looked really worth it! I would have died if I were to travel that long by road *lol*. And the Falls looks even more worthwhile, so pristine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. super worth the 15 hour "land and water" travel sis.:) It's my first time to land travel but it also became an avenue for me to witness wonderful sights that is of the Luzon Island, from Manila, to Batangas, to Quezon, to Bicool, to Sorsogon...to Masbate..whoa.. that was really a bunch of feast to my eyes... gazing at the wonders that was of course our country's pride :)

      Delete
  9. amazing, by just looking at the pics, i felt like packing my things and go to my teleporter machine... destination: masbate island (lol). kidding aside, it is indeed a breathtaking island and it should be kept clean and not abused. Yahweh bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true! preservation of these resources and sights are but our own way of giving back to Mother Nature. and yeah..C'mon let's teleport. LOL!

      Delete
  10. Your photographs were so refreshing to the eyes, its not just Its more Fun in the Philippines, its really Great in here. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mark. our country is more than blessed indeed. Super great place to travel and take a rest..it's an ultimate summer hiatus and getaway for our summers to remember:)

      Delete