10.05.2011

JOHNSON’s My Kid’s Growing Up so Fast contest

My kid’s growing up so fast he already knows how to charm the girls with his killer smile and winking eye. 

I am oftentimes in denial of the fact that my little darling David is a soon to be heartthrob. My mom-in-law would always say, “Naku Melanie, humanda ka na, maraming paiiyakin yang anak mo..” (you better get prepared Melanie your son will make many girls cry). Uh!Oh! I really hope not.

He has an innate charm to make girls drool over him but I have always wished he’ll never be a playboy. Tee hee! However, those winks are what I’m most afraid of -so prominent with some of his "pa-cute" photos.  I’m getting a bit nervous now. Haha!


The photo above was taken in a resort, Holy week this year. This family bonding event is one of my kid’s firsts. It is David’s first time to go swimming! Yay! We’ve got an inflatable pool at home, but the feel of real-life bigger swimming pool is just so different.

We've got some inflattable pool bonding at home too.
For their first ever SWIMMING POOL ADVENTURE, David and Cassy made everything ready the night before, and they woke up just too early out of super-excitement.

That day, he met a girl "friend" by the kiddie pool. We really never wanted to think that he likes the girl. Four year old and all. No way!  But yeah he stick with her all throughout. He would always ask the girl to stay beside him, even asking her not to swim anymore. The term “Binakuran” (guarded) in basketball is just so applicable and fit. I just never thought my baby boy would learn the art of “charming” a girl at an early age of four.


 But then again the “BAKOD” thing and the winking eye are just HINTS. We know there are more to come.

I really ought to be prepared.

I know he’s a big boy now. He’s starting to explore things on his own, he’s choosing the clothes he’d want to wear, he eats on his own and chooses his own set of friends. He’s getting a bit independent and wiser really.

And as much as I want to slow down time to still make him my little baby for a bit longer - I can’t. 

The story of the winking eye with the girls along is all part of the bigger picture.


While kids these days are getting extra smarter because of the technology and the power of social media, the tasks vested upon parents in guiding and looking over their child are getting a bit harder. We have to make sure, they are well taught of their values and that they get the right information that fits their age.

While they are on their exploration stage we have to be their guide. 


 

They are as fragile as glass on the verge of tipping at an edge of a table. Now more than ever  they need a MOM who would be their refuge and stronghold.  And for my David, I find it a great blessing that I have been around and with him all throughout… to watch his every firsts, to watch his every achievement… to watch him GROW!

 Being a toddler now, I have documented some milestones in David's life and kept it for him to look upon and reflect, remember and reminisce when he gets a bit older.

His first birthday 

 His first ever haircut (courtesy of Daddy)

His first time visit and our first picnic at our school -UP.

His first attempt to drive a motorbike.
These and all other firsts, we know everything are just building blocks of a grander structure of LIFE that's designed especially for him.

We may not have a hold on whatever he wants to be when he grows up but surely we have to make sure that he will extract his full potential to be BEST THAT HE CAN BE.

He might be an artist like his Dad.
He has just created a masterpiece in our stool.
An Engineer like Mommy.
 

He's a prospective musician too!
 

 A lawyer perhaps...
 
If he's gonna be a basketball player, I'd surely love that!
Or A boxer like Manny Pacquiao. Haha!

But wait, I really don't want him to get hurt in boxing. I'd go send him to a Martial Arts school this early then.. Haha!
Better yet he can just be a SUPERHERO! Yay!

Whatever path he chooses to take we are just here to back him up. Lead him and guide him towards his journey called LIFE.

Just as we are so careful on our decisions regarding his mental, social and moral life, we are equally critical over the physical considerations in raising our most special ones. We know how the physical part becomes an aspect of the interconnected portions that contributes to his success.

In terms of hygiene, we make sure their delicate skin gets the right pampering that it ought to get. We only use trusted brands that are already tried and tested throughout the years by no one else but our own moms. I practically grew with Johnson & Johnson. Who never did anyways?

 

We knew this routine... Johnson & Johnson to our kids is like Sugar to our Coffee or Puto with our Dinuguan. Johnson & Johnson just goes hand in hand with our baby's growth.

He is changing before my eyes but his skin is still like a baby’s. We still need the gentle care of Johnson’s Milk, with Vitamins A&E and 100% more milk proteins to nourish developing skin.




SOME TRIVIA ABOUT DAVID:
It's funny but honestly, naming David as Johnson entered into my mind when picking for a prospective name for him when I'm still pregnant. Why not? His father's name is John Percival. I could've considered naming it after him, a junior so to speak, but I was adamant. I thought of the name Johnson then. But then again I'm afraid he'll get teased by friends because of his name, resembling that of a famous baby product line - Johnson and Johnson. But then again, why not? hahaha! We just then decided to give him an exactly different name - David Alexander that is!


But then again, David is still a CERTIFIED "JOHNSON" because he's a son of John! LOL!

The glory of being a mom is just so overwhelming. There’s this bond that exists invisibly but is truly heartfelt between moms and kids. From conception to birth to the moment I laid eyes on our kids to the moment I touched and hug them for the first time,  the bond just keeps on getting stronger and stronger. And as the years pass by, as they begin to explore things on their own, I can only wish they’d stay as little babies and never grow old so they’ll be by our side forever. But yeah, the circle of life just keeps on and all we have to do is to do our best to make their childhood days just worth remembering.

Time and space has been compressed and my little fragile baby David is now four years old. He's a dashing debonair that surely makes Mommy Proud.



Now since David has just celebrated his 4th Birthday last September 20, this is some sort of extended celebration. I have a mini-giveaway. I hope you could join. :-)


CONTEST! CONTEST TIME!
Two easy steps to join:
1. Be a fan of  Johnson's Baby World of Firsts by Clicking the LIKE button below.


2. Give the best caption for the photo below.

Photo captions will be judged based on:
- Creativity of Title: 50%
  • Cuteness of title
  • Unique play of words.
- Relevance to article: 50%
Duration of contest/commenting: October 8 - 21, 2011
Announcement of winners: October 31, 2011.
Best Photo Caption wins a Johnson’s Baby Gift Pack. 
Good luck!

Here's the photo to comment on :


My kid’s growing up so fast he already knows how to charm the girls with his killer smile and winking eye.

Post your captions using this Facebook comment pluggin below :




You can also use the blogger commenting widget at the bottom of this post, just leave a valid e-mail add, so I can contact you in case you win. =)

Happy commenting!
Best Blogger Tips
  • Stumble This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Share On Reddit
  • Fave On Technorati
  • Buzz This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Digg This Post
  • Share On Facebook
Blog Gadgets

55 comments:

  1. oohhh... so cute ni david :) pero nagdadalawang isip na tuloy ako ipakilala siya sa girls ko. ahahaha :)

    * will join the contest tom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tama ka ellen, David would surely love your girls. hihi. i'm more excited on having cassy meet your princesses. They'll surely make a good barkada.

    Tara join ka na sa photo caption!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris Thanks for dropping by! really cute moments indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caption: "Watch Me Grow Up! Walang Kukurap!"

    rdnofera
    journeyofnofera[at]gmail.com
    http://no-fera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks ronald and congrats with your newly- married life! I'm so touched with your shirt story... congrats with your new washing machine too..hehehe!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caught in action: Kid next door on the making
    Name: Mary Grace C. Marquez
    Email: marygracemrqz@yahoo.com

    Goodluck and thanks for commenting too :)

    -xoxo-

    Mommy on the Go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "just a wink of my eye,girls go crazy!"

    Michelle Lalic
    mitch_mar2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. "My Little Prince Who Loves to Wink" :D

    *Cute kid! :)

    Mona Verdida
    monaverdida@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Move over Justin Bieber, I am the next big thing in the making!"

    Mira Rempillo
    mvrempillo[at]yahoo[dot]com

    http://mamamiakiddos.blogspot.com/2011/10/johnsons-my-kids-growing-up-so-fast.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I'm now ready to be a gigolo...just watch me!"

    Vivian Aguilar
    vvaguilar2003(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cutie Winky Wink David

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Yeah baby, yeah!!!!" (in a British accent)

    ReplyDelete
  13. "If looks can kill" (Isang kindat ka lang!)

    you have such a cute little boy.. thanks also for visiting me and my beaboo's site! :)

    http://gensanmommyjournals.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-little-business-managerjohnsons-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotcha with my tWINKy eyes!

    David is so adorable! Goodluck...

    from, Yuki & Jiru

    ReplyDelete
  15. "You won't believe how those pretty girls will react once I take my dip on the pool, wanna know my secret? watch and learn! wink ;)

    MYLENE M. CALLEJA
    calleja.mylene@yahoo.com.ph

    ReplyDelete
  16. "With my looks and charm, I'm sure pretty girls will approach me for a photo op today"

    your son is really cute.

    btw, here' my entry, hope you can leave a sweet note there, too Thanks!
    http://yasminyohan.blogspot.com/2011/09/johnsons-my-kids-growing-up-so-fast.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! thank you for your kind support guys! really appreciated it. Can't wait to choose for the best caption... I surely would have a hard time choosing one.

    Keep 'em coming guys. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A Multi Talented kid!

    RUBY PAPIO
    ruskimby@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ain't I Cute or What?

    cute. charming. photogenic.

    iris dela cuesta
    irisdelacuesta@yahoo.com.ph

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here's my caption!

    "C'mon girls, I know you can't resist me!"

    sm_yboa[at]yahoo[dot]com

    Please visit my entry at:
    http://lifetimeoftogetherness.blogspot.com/2011/10/see-you-at-grand-prix-johnsons-my-kids.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for that sis mae. Our boys are just so irrisitable!:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. super cute talaga si David and huggable and adorable too...

    "Winchy-Winchy Wakukun!"

    Thank you guys for supporting all the way.. I'm so happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Caption: Hearthrob To Be
    Name: Yen Angustia
    Email Add: arki_reen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for dropping a comment yen! Good luck (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  25. "kids are such a nice way to start people.” so cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. or it could be..."A sweet new blossom of humanity".


    the kid is so charming

    ReplyDelete
  27. thanks sis Cherry:) Keep the captions coming guys...love it!(^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  28. "A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."

    ReplyDelete
  29. "A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase".


    CHERRY L. DE JESUS
    chinnie_08_gretch@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow! sis cherry..thanks for the support. really appreciate it..(^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  31. "Baby touches our lives with wonder and love".

    vndetta13@yahoo.com
    FRANCIS JAMES ROQUE

    ReplyDelete
  32. "A baby is born with the need to be love and never outgrows it"


    vndetta13@yahoo.com
    FRANCIS JAMES ROQUE

    ReplyDelete
  33. "You can’t imagine your life with kids, until you have them, then you can’t imagine your life without them."



    vndetta13@yahoo.com
    FRANCIS JAMES ROQUE

    ReplyDelete
  34. thanks for that francis. what you have said is just SOOO true (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Caption = Chic Boy!

    Name = Marilou Lim
    email = berryblitz79(at)gmail(dot)com

    ang galing naman magpose ng baby mo!!! ang cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  36. thanks for that berryblitz :) I'm really so proud of my baby boy...he's so amazing (^_^)

    Thanks for dropping by sis..

    ReplyDelete
  37. my caption:

    Make you happy with a kiss!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. yey! thanks Maria! you've got cutey Miko too :)

    counting your comment in (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  39. caption : The sun is Hot and so do I, with just one wink, I’ll make u melt. 

    analyn alonsagay
    diwata_emotera@yahoo.com.ph

    ReplyDelete
  40. my mom-in-law has just given two captions for the photo:

    (1) "The next Dennis Trillo"

    (2) "The girl in the pool... SHE'S MINE!"

    very insightful captions for this single scene that TELLS A THOUSAND

    super duper love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. thanks for joining pala sis Analyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. "David: The one with the magical wink"

    Annissa Diaz
    annissadiaz@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. magical indeed. thanks sis Annissa! comment counted :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hello Mommy! Thanks so much for joining! Tomorrow's the last day to comment. Please remind your readers to comment on your entry if they haven't commented yet. Only comments entered from Oct. 8 to Oct. 21 will be considered valid for the reader giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Been inspired to sing this song, bagay na bagay na caption sa picture!

    " DEAD NA DEAD talaga ako,
    sa mga PAKINDAT-KINDAT mo!
    Kapag ikaw ay NGUMINGITi,
    ako'y medyo nakikiliti...

    ... kailan kaya kita maiuuwi... !!!"

    cute boy :O

    Jelly Chu
    jellyann.chu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. "Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Bolerong Bata!"

    Shaina Cortez
    jmcortez00@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. giggling gigolo!go!go!go!

    Charity marbella
    chat8986@yahoo.com.ph

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow thanks Jelly, Shaine and Charity... thanks so much for joining guys! (^_^)

    Will judge entries and post the winner on Oct 31. Watch out(^+^)

    ReplyDelete
  49. thanks for dropping by too admin Johnson BabyPH :(^_^)

    OK GUYS! lasT hours before posting your captions:)
    I just want to thank you all for your support. Thanks for dropping by my post and also for taking time to suggest the best comment for my baby David's photo...

    God bless you all :)

    ReplyDelete