3.14.2011

(3/9) SOCIAL NETWORKING WITH HTC 7 MOZART


If you don’t have a Facebook account then this phone might not be good enough for you.

This HTC7 Mozart is highly integrated on social networking. Indeed it has the ultimate social networking yet on the phone. While others offer third party apps to integrate Facebook with our mobile devices, this one is a sure pull away winner when social networking is the name of the game.

MICROSOFT STREAMLINED MOBILE SOCIAL NETWORKING EXPERIENCE WITH THIS OUT-OF-THE-BOX TECHNOLOGY KNOWN AS PEOPLE HUB

One of the live tiles featured by a Windows Phone 7 is the People Hub. From there I can get live updates from my contacts in Facebook, get notifications, change my profile pic and status (with the epic Windows Phone logo) and I can also interact with my friends by commenting or liking their posts directly on the People Hub. One plus thing is that I get to store my photo albums in Facebook right inside my Mozart viewed as different albums in my Pictures Hub live tile. The Me Card in People hub is where I get to manipulate the status updates and profile pic change. Just a simple tap and there you go, the updated Me is already posted on Facebook . Moreover I may also post these updates with Windows Live along with Facebook. Everything’s smooth and easy with Windows Phone 7 on Mozart. I have also pinned my most important and frequently contacted friends in the Start Menu to see their live updates without having to do more clicks. Photos can also be uploaded directly on either Facebook or SkyDrive but I didn’t enable this feature on my Mozart.

TWEETING HAS NEVER BEEN COOLER WHEN YOU’VE GOT SOME COOL MAPS TO SHOW YOUR LOCATION ON REAL TIME

In Twitter, I can post updates even include pictures in my tweets via Twitpic using the third party Twitter app downloadable at the Marketplace. Cross posting between my Facebook and Twitter account is also enabled using the Selective Tweets app that I have installed before. It is by simply adding the hashtag #fb on my tweets and walla my tweets are already instant status updates in Facebook too. But I do cross posting between these two apps selectively as some of my tweets are merely for advertising my blogs and current projects hence using Selective Tweets app to do that ad hoc task. The Twitter app has better UI than the desktop app. The timeline, mentions, messages are all in there. I can also have multiple Twitter accounts opened and the most exciting part is I can update my status with my current location using the built-in GPS receiver of my phone. Status updates with AGPS location is very useful when I am doing reconnaissance in the field as I am able to track coordinates along with the photo documentation using Twitpic. There is a game named geocaching in US where you may participate to find hidden stuff using the locations and maps in a GPS receiver, since this phone supports location-based services in our tweets, we (HTC7 Mozart users) might as well start pioneering with this game here in our country. It is like a High Tech Easter Egg Hunt where we go hunt for eggs using the GPS receivers in our phone then updating our status and location simply by tweeting. That would surely be nice.

SOCIAL NETWORKING IS A SOCIO-CULTURAL EVOLUTION PHENOMENON AND WINDOWS PHONE 7 HAS ITS WAY TO JOIN THIS BANDWAGON ON A PULL-AWAY TO THE TOP MANNER

Hitting the Marketplace>apps>social menu, I also downloaded from there the Yahoo Messenger and Foursquare. YM is pretty obvious for chatting with some close friends as well as business colleagues. I’m happy that this app works in Mozart unlike with my previous phone. Foursquare is where I do updates and reviews on current locations I’ve been. This one has not yet gained much popularity here in the country so I have few friends to socialize with using this app. Multiply and Friendster are not in the in the Market place so I am opening them in the browser- Internet Explorer for occasional viewing.

While social networking has been a rapidly evolving socio-cultural phenomenon, I’m glad that Windows Phone 7 OS is confluence with it. The core experience in social networking is crafted inside this genius innovation. The social networking integration is streamlined, sweet and amazingly simple. As how we have known of Windows, it makes computing friendly not just for the geeks but also for ordinary users just like me. 
Best Blogger Tips
  • Stumble This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Share On Reddit
  • Fave On Technorati
  • Buzz This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Digg This Post
  • Share On Facebook
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment