3.14.2011

(2/9) PHONE, PEOPLE, MESSAGING AND E-MAIL OF HTC 7 MOZART

As some of you may know, I have been in and out of our home because I’ve got four basic roles to play in my life. I am a mom and wife, I study/work, I serve at the church, and I do social networking and blogging. Here’s how I discovered how HTC 7 Mozart powered by Windows helped me a lot in accomplishing my tasks.

THE PHONE IS REALLY A PHONE...which is smart and sexy too!

THE DESIGN – HTC7 MOZART IS ENGINEERED TO IMPRESS PEOPLE
The aluminium unibody chassis with a matte finish design really speaks for itself. It looks sturdy yet pretty sexy with the artsy curves on the back. The battery is located on the triangle shaped plastic at the back and it took me quite a while to remove that cover because I am afraid I might damage the phone. That one is a rather boon because it makes me sure that my battery won’t just fall off easily because of loose body covers. The prevalent brown colour is really so HTC – simply superb. The 3.5 mm audio jack is placed on top which I find to be more accessible and really less prone to bending and damage. Side buttons (Volume rocker, Power and the 8MP-and –Xenon flash two stage Camera button) are accessible and crafted just rightly to fit my hands. They are not bulky or too small for me to press. I love the long volume rocker control button because it has been easier for me to increase or decrease volume during phone calls. It also works great along with the dedicated play, pause and next buttons in my headset. The 3.7 super LCD with 480x800 screen resolution is enough to say that this is really a phone and not a computer or a tablet. For overall rating on the design, I say it’s a far cry from the other handhelds that I’ve handled simply because it’s sleek, sexy and ergonomically designed, not to heavy and not too big, just the right fit with my slim and long palm and fingers.

THE INTERFACE IS SO FLEXIBLE A POWER USER OR A USUAL USER COULD BOTH ENJOY THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS HTC 7 MOZART

On first use, setting up the phone is a breeze. You really don’t have to be a power user to maximize the potential of Mozart. In a minute, you’d be able to use the phone and you’ll be able to work around it. Windows really makes sure that the man-machine interface is really user friendly. That’s what Windows has been known of on desktop computing, and now they are applying the same principle to our mobile devices. That is so nice.
Another great thing about this Mozart is its start screen. Initially it has these tiles called hubs. These are the basic needs of a person for having a phone. Contacts, messages, emails, calendar and other hubs for music and video are already neatly tiled in minimalistic mode. The auxiliary settings and detailed features can be found in the next page. This is a plus factor for me in choosing a phone to buy. While some might overwhelm you with lots of icons and menus, the Start Menu of WP7 Mozart just leaves the customization to its users while initially placing first things first in a single start screen.
There is also a color psychology feature which lets me choose from an array of bright and rich colors depending on my mood for the day. The pretty minimalistic effect of the interface is even highlighted by the dark or white background option on the theme settings. I’d suggest the black theme for better battery conservation measures. Though white works really refreshing in the eyes. The contrast over a bunch of text can be more soothing to gaze upon with the white theme.

THE E-MAILING FEATURE PROVIDES ME WITH A HASSLE-FREE ACCESS OF MY UNREAD MAILS EVEN ON OFFLINE MODE
I’ve got four working e-mails plus a Twitter and Facebook account which as much as possible I want to be checked regularly. When I’ve got the Mozart, I set up a Windows Live account where push e-mailing is enabled so now I can view all my incoming mails in a single space. The flagging of e-mails works just right since I have this complex lifestyle wherein I could just sort my mails as either urgent or just plain notifications. When it comes to attachments, I think the phone really works fine with the image being displayed and downloaded one at a time. I just hope that archived files can be viewed directly on my mails like that of Gmail. Other than that, the mails got on time for me and the archiving works really nice that I get to browse unread mails even if I’m already offline.

THE MESSAGING HUB MAKES ME LOOK SMARTER DURING CORRESPONDENCE WITH MY CLIENTS
The messaging hub serves very much of its purpose. It uses a threading view that sorts my correspondence per contact so I won’t get lost who I am replying on to or as to what this person has been talking about before texting me. This is very important especially for the secrecy of information that you want to share with business partners. You don’t want classified information to leak between rivals, don’t you? So this messaging hub does the sorting for you. What I am hoping for this Windows Phone 7 to have an update on the cut and paste function so that I could easily save a contact number sent to me via SMS without really having to jot it down on a piece of paper. The QWERTY keyboard in the capacitative screen both in landscape and portrait mode is right enough for me to do typing in a breeze and it looks really neat and simple without some gradients in it. It’s very intuitive and responsive. The auto-suggest and auto-correction works brilliantly which is very critical when you do correspondence with really BIG people who are more often than not, grammarian. The attachment of photos as MMS really works well as I may opt to attach a photo in my drive or take a pic on the fly.

THE PEOPLE HUB KEEPS ME IN WITH MY CIRCLE OF FRIENDS UPDATES AND INFO ALL AT ONE PLACE
This one basically puts all your contacts in. This feature is tightly integrated to a Facebook account so if one doesn’t have one, he may not be able to take full advantage of this hub. Me? I’m glad to have one. I’m delighted to see my contacts neatly arranged all in one place. Plus if I’m inside a ride or not too busy, I really get to browse on the basic info that my friends/acquaintances have - their place of work, their websites, their current work and their significant others. You know if you have hectic schedules, browsing a recently added friend’s info would require much time hence sometimes actually neglecting to keep ourselves updated on that. Well thanks to this reliable People Hub in HTC, I get to know my acquaintances quite better than plain names and faces... and amazingly, I don’t even have to do Facebook integration to do it. All I need is to register my Facebook account and my other e-mails in the accounts settings and it automatically creates an index of my contacts and it updates whenever I’m connected via GPRS or Wi-fi. And one more thing I’ve learned is that you can easily turn off the data-connection using the Settings>Cellular option so as to conserve pre-paid load. For plans without unlimited internet connection bundled with it, you may opt not to actually have the information on the People Hub updated that often so you might want to save some bucks and turn Data Connection Off.
The pin feature in Windows Phone 7 saves me enough time accessing my frequently accessed connections such as my husband and my kids. For the purpose, I pinned their information in the Start Menu.

FOR A BUSY BEE LIKE ME, I LOVE THAT HTC HAS DEVELOPED HUBS WHERE I CAN EASILY BROWSE MY MAILS, GET UPDATES FROM MY CONNECTIONS AND ACCESS CORRESPONDENCE BETWEEN MY COLLEAGUES FLAWLESSLY.

HTC and Windows must have worked real hard to make this masterpiece. This one device surely is of top notch quality hardware-wise and software-wise especially for the fact that it bears the name of HTC. Well engineered, well crafted... out of passion and real ingenuity this HTC7 Mozart and in the truest sense of the word - quietly brilliant. 
Best Blogger Tips
  • Stumble This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Share On Reddit
  • Fave On Technorati
  • Buzz This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Digg This Post
  • Share On Facebook
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment