3.15.2011

HEALTHY MEALS FOR THE FAMILY

Busy days come when me and my husband doesn't have time to prepare our meals and we would just eat out for dinner. True to its saying that "health is wealth", healthy meals nowadays are really too pricey. When we get to order some vegetable salad in a resto, it was too expensive as compared to their regular meals, plus it was just a small serving that wouldn't even satisfy the two us.

So during weekends or when I go home earlier than usual, I drop by the market and buy some really fresh veggies and cook or prepare healthy goodies for my family. It was oftentimes just me and my husband who enjoys eating this healthy meal because our kids don't really like much veggies. We hide them in the usual viands and make the serving really palatable for them to eat.

For me and my husband, we find the vegetable salad and mongolian grill the easiest to prepare healthy servings of our daily dose of vitamins and minerals.

Here's our dinner last night.
VEGETABLE SALAD WITH THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING AND TUNA FLAKES
This is so easy to prepare, lettuce + tomatoes + cucumber +carrots with Thousand Island Dressing on the side and Tuna Flakes (takes care of the protein part of our meal) makes this an on-the-go-healthy-dinner for us.

I found the Caesar Salad Dressing a bit salty so I chose Thousand Island Dressing for this one.

Next up will be my favorite mongolian grill which also turned out to be my husband's fave too. Best Blogger Tips
  • Stumble This Post
  • Save Tis Post To Delicious
  • Share On Reddit
  • Fave On Technorati
  • Buzz This Post
  • Tweet This Post
  • Digg This Post
  • Share On Facebook
Blog Gadgets

No comments:

Post a Comment